2020-21 EMPLOYEE ANNUAL NOTIFICATIONS
Acknowledgment of Receipt
The Human Resources Department is required, on an annual basis, to provide employees with the notifications listed below. Classified and Certificated bargaining unit members are encouraged to refer to their applicable contract agreements in addition to referring to the listed policies, procedures, board policies and/or regulations that can be accessed on the District Website under Human Resources (www.washingtonunified.org).
|Description of Board Policy||Policy Number|
|Child Abuse Mandated Reporting||AR 5141.4|
|Drug Free Workplace||BP 4020|
|Employee Assistance Program||BP 4159|
|Exposure Control Plan for Bloodborne Pathogens||AR 4119.42/4219.42/4319.42|
|Hazardous Substances||AR 3514.1|
|Health and Welfare Benefits||4154, 4254, 4354|
|Military Leave||AR 4161.5/4261.5|
|Non-school Employment||BP 4136/4236/4336|
|Oath or Affirmation||AR 4112.3/4212.3/4312.3|
|Political Activities of Employees||4119.25/4219.25/4319.25|
|Reasonable Accommodation||AR 4032|
|Sexual Harassment||AR 4119.11/4219.11/4319.11|
|Unauthorized Release of Confidential/Privileged Information||BP 4119.23/4219.23/4319.23|
|Uniform Complaint Procedure||AR 1312.3|
|Universal Precautions||AR 4119.43/4219.43/4319.43|
|Use of Pesticide Product||AR 3514.2|
|Work-Related Injuries||BP 4157.1/4257.1/4357.1|
Employee Asbestos Notification (See below)
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- California Family Rights Act (DFEH Notice)
- California Law Prohibits Workplace Discrimination and Harassment (DFEH Notice)
- Employee Rights Under the Family and Medical Leave Act (DOL Notice)
- Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (EEOC Notice)
- Family Care and Medical Leave (CFRA Leave) and Pregnancy Disability Leave (DFEH Notice)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights
- Hate Violence and Civil Rights (DFEH Notice)
- Pregnancy Leave (DFEH Notice)
- Rights of Victims of Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Stalking
- Sexual Harassment (DFEH Notice)
- Voter Rights – Time off to Vote
- Workers’ Compensation
- Your Rights Under USERRA – Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (DOL Notice)
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- State of California of Fair Employment and Housing
- U.S. Department of Labor
- State of California Employment Development Department
Declaration of Employee:
I have reviewed the above Employee Annual Notifications and Mandatory Postings for the current school year, which I may retain in my personnel file.
My signature below signifies that I understand the contents of the mandatory postings. If I need clarification on any mandatory posting, I understand that I should call the Washington Unified School District, Human Resources Department at (559) 495-5600 before signing this declaration.
Name (Please Print)
RETURN TO: Human Resources for placement into your personnel file
Employee Asbestos Notification
In 1986, Congress passed the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA). The law requires all schools, kindergarten through twelfth grade, to be inspected by EPA accredited inspectors and to identify all asbestos-containing building materials as defined in AHERA. The law further requires the development of a management plan by an EPA accredited management planner based upon the findings of the inspection.
In the past, asbestos was used extensively in building materials because of its insulating and fire retarding capabilities. Virtually any building built before the late 1970’s contains at least some asbestos in pipe insulation, structural fireproofing, floor tile, etc. The primary concern arises when these materials begin to deteriorate or become damaged.
The initial inspection of school sites was conducted a number of years ago and identified some asbestos-containing materials. Periodic inspections will continue to ensure that the asbestos-containing materials remain in good condition and do not pose a hazard to our students or staff.
A copy of the complete district management plan and individual campus inspection reports are on file for your review at the district office, located at 7950 South Elm Avenue, Fresno, CA 93706.